Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

I always tell you about Bob and what a great dad he is (and he is). :) But today I want to tell you a little more about MY dad, aka Jack, Daddy, Papa.

My memories of my dad growing up are great because he was involved in so much of what we did and you just knew how much he loved us. He came to our games, our concerts, whatever else we were into. He is a man of great faith and taught us much about Jesus and the Bible from a young age... not to mention that he lived (and continues to live) this faithful life each and every day. We know that when he says he's praying for us, he means it. It's clear that he's always been happy spending time with his family and finding out about what makes us tick. And he gives good, warm Dad hugs. :)

Becoming a parent is a crazy thing, but it's also crazy watching your own parents become grandparents. We're lucky in that our kids have good ones. :) My dad is over the moon about our kiddos and man, they love him back. We were Skyping with my parents the other day and Dean was SO excited to see my dad on there that he kept giggling and chatting and saying, "Papa" over and over again. Too cute. You can see in my dad's eyes that he enjoys the childlike excitement about life and feeds off of that. No wonder the kids love him. :)

To conclude, some pictures, and a verse:

My dad and Tim running a race when Tim was little (funny story: Cole saw this picture and said, "Look, it's me when I growed up and Papa running!" Haha)




"Then I said to you, 'Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.'" (Deuteronomy 1:29-31)


Love you, Daddy.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ali, I totally agree with everything you wrote about your Dad. If ever there were a Dad and Mom who were almost the perfect parents, it is your folks. Your Dad has also taken over his Dad's responsibilities for the whole family, keeping in touch with all. He could certainly be a "Father of the year" and is in the eyes of his brothers and sisters. He's my choice. Grandma

Kevin said...

Ali, You and Tim are very fortunate to have a dad like Jack. I often tell people about having to follow Mary Ellen and Jack through High School. The expectations were huge! What can you not like about a smart, hard working, athletic, successful person, who is also one of the most kind, loving, wise, and humble people you will ever meet? Mom, said "almost the perfect" just to cut me some slack. I hope that your boys have as good a relationship with Jack, as I did with Elmo.