Saturday, June 4, 2011

On the Flip Side

We made it! We're in our house in Richmond and everything looks great. Ok, that's a lie, but we're here. haha There's stuff everywhere, but at least there are beds for everyone to sleep in and we'll hopefully be reasonably unpacked in the near future. :)

It was an absolutely exhausting day and I think the emotions hit me all at once - how very, very hard it is to move with 3 kids, how i was going to miss Cville and the friends we've made there, and how this was a really big change for us all. But we're in this house and I can just feel all the ways that it's going to be home. I can see how our kids will love it here and I am confident that Bob and I will too.

HUGE kudos to Leon White Movers in Charlottesville who packed the truck and did an AMAZING job. Leon and his crew are polite, efficient, and hard-working. Can't say enough! Also huge kudos to our parents who helped us all with the unpacking, moving furniture in the house, assembling things, fix-it jobs, and helping the kids with the transition. Dean in particular seems to be having a hard time, but I think he'll adjust ok in the end. Emmett and Cole are just hanging in there. :)

Our wonderful next-door neighbors invited us over for dinner tonight. They made a huge dinner and we had a great time getting to know them more! All in all, very good.

I took no pictures today. We were lucky to make it here alive. lol Use your imagination. Pictures to come! Just not sure when. :)

1 comment:

molly said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! And lucky you that you had movers! We DIY'd it to save money. NOT FUN!

Can't wait to see photos :)