Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Vote is in...

... and they voted YES!! I know most of you already know this from Facebook and such, but I still wanted to update on here. Bob went before Presbytery, preached, responded to their questions, and was approved to be ordained. I can't tell what a wonderful, quiet happiness it brought to my heart. This has been a long and hard process, and although it was Bob they were examining this whole time, it was very much an "us" thing. And a family thing. I was saying to Bob last night that it's kind of odd that they examine only one person in a married couple and then the spouse just comes along for the ride. If we are one unit, shouldn't they examine us both? Either way, we're grateful that this chapter is finally over. Like my dad said, it's like staking the flag at the top of Mt. Everest.

Now Bob has to prepare for his ordination service, which will likely happen in August. Very exciting. :) Thank you for all of your support.

4 comments:

molly said...

Congrats to both of you. It is an "us" thing because I know you have supported Bob throughout this whole process :)

I work with a ton of chaplains so I know what a big deal it is!

Diana P said...

HURRAY!!! This has been a long hard climb for both of you but I'm glad this part is over and the vote is yes! Hooray for you Bob! And hooray for Ali for having patience through it all. Sooo happy for you both.

Dorette said...

Congratulations! It is a great feeling to finally accomplish a hard worked for goal.

And I get the "us" thing - my hubby is starting a new job next week (eek!) after 7 years with his previous firm. My name is not on any contract, but as his biggest supporter I feel equally nervous and exited about this new oppurtunity and what it will mean for us as a family.

Katie said...

Congrats to both of you. I know its been a long journey but now you begin the new journey. I am so happy for your family. Grandma