Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Here Comes the Spunk

Our little Emmett Jack has been a sweet charmer since day 1. Well, unless he's in the car, in which case he usually screams his brains out. But really, he's quite sweet. Bob and I have said that there's an innocence about him that is just very lovable.

He's usually quite content just to hang out and watch his brothers or just play quietly with a toy. However lately, he's learned to roll both ways and is now, somehow (I watch it happen and still can't quite figure it out!), scooting on the carpet to get toys. What in the world, he's 5 months old! His tone and strength seem like a modern miracle after getting used to Dean's very LOW tone for awhile. I find myself suddenly remembering all these little details about Cole's baby development that had until now been tucked away in the corners of my brain (yes, my brain has right angles, doesn't yours?).

Now that Emmett is becoming more mobile, there's a spunk coming out that makes it hard not to giggle. He wants out of that little body and wants to party with Cole & Dean. I love it! Today, Cole was pretending to "blast" an imaginary bad guy and as he darted across the room, Emmett followed him with his eyes and started getting all fired up in his exersaucer. Hilarious. Dean is a goofball and Emmett loves to laugh at him.

Can't wait to see how this little guy continues to develop and how he fits in with his older brothers.





Rolling...



Sitting!



And toe-eating. How can you resist the little piggies?

5 comments:

grandma Bidon said...

Oh my goodness cutie Emmett. You look like your momma.

Katie said...

Ali, How simply adorable the pictures are of Emmett. I agree with your Mom, he does look like you. Grandma

Gina B said...

Is Emmett in an infant bucket seat? I wonder if he screams in the car because he hates the seat. Have you thought about switching him to rear-facing convertible? Most are from 5–xx pounds.

Just a thought, not judging or anything. :)

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Gina, that was what did it with Cole. He apparently hated the infant seat because when we switched him to a convertible at 4 months old, he stopped screaming! Well, sometimes at least. :) It seemed to help. I've been toying with the idea of switching to a convertible, but I have to say that having the 3rd kid in a bucket for when he *does* sleep is really helpful! But hey, I guess no screaming/crying would be better in the long run. :)

Gina B said...

Yeah, I hear ya. It's nice being able to pop the seat in and out! I'm sure you'll find the right balance. :0