Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Un-Master Update

Bob's and my bedroom is technically the second bedroom as we gave the master to Cole & Dean (and eventually Emmett will probably be in there, too). We just didn't need all that space and that way we can make the most of the three bedrooms we have. So ours is the un-master bedroom. :)

We switched the bedding and decided to paint the walls a la this picture I found on Pinterest:


Yes, I realize that's a dining area, but I liked the green and gray combo. And when I asked you all what colors you would recommend, there wasn't a total consensus on the bedroom area (we went with the blue recommendation for the bath - more on that another day!). So we gave this a shot:

Do you see that window in the corner? Whose idea was it to put a window so far against the wall?

And we got this in the end:


We love it! The gray was supposed to be the same color we used on our kitchen table, but when it went up on the walls, it was dark and bluish. We were shocked and stuck between continuing to paint and just hoping it would turn out all right, and cutting our losses and getting another color. About 2/3 of the way through the gray, we bailed. :( Secret Passage by Olympic gave way to Valspar's Sleek Gray. Much better.

The curtains are just there for now while we get some white ones instead. As an aside, I purchased some window panels at Target today only to find when I opened it that it was a bed sheet! Crazy. I returned the window panels bed sheet and told the store associate at the customer service desk the story. He just chuckled and shook his head. I think this is not the first time he's seen this....

Anyway, there will be white curtains and then some rendition of this over the bed:

We likey.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

i love the color and the bedding. It looks great.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!! I really like that bedspread.Love the dining room very much. Grandma

Sarah said...

love it!

Matt said...

Lookin' good! Amazing all you've continued to update even just since our visit a couple wks ago! I feel like it's already a totally different house, at least from the impression your blog pictures give!

I wonder about that window being flush with the wall too...now that I'm a homeowner too, I wonder about these things :). I can't picture your floorplan anymore, now that it's been a couple weeks since being there...but I wonder if it originally was in the middle of the room and there was an addition or renovation that changed where it sat relative to the walls? ...sorry for the long comment; just wondering out loud.

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Matt, good thought about the window. Who knows! The house is from the '70s and you know how crazy the '70s are. lol

Thanks everyone for the compliments!