Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Day in the Life

Sometimes I step back and think about what went on in a particular day. Here's a good rundown of today:

Boys wake up, feed everyone breakfast. I used to be a morning person, you know, back when nighttime involved sleeping with only myself to be responsible for. Play with the boys!

Get everybody ready to bring Cole to school. Dressed, teeth brushed, blah blah blah.

Drive Cole to school. Drive around for a smidge longer to get Emmett to fall asleep so he'll actually nap.

Come home. Transfer Emmett to crib - success! - and wake Dean up.

Meet with SLP who did Dean's speech evaluation to sit down and write goals for Dean's speech therapy. Sign papers. They can't get enough of my autograph in this county.

Dean's educator (part of Early Intervention), Betsy, comes. While she is here, I call our insurance company to find out which nasal spray they'll cover for Cole. Then I call the pediatrician to have him phone in the Rx. Then I call my dentist to schedule an appointment to have my nightguard fitted - you know, because I clench my jaw at night. They say this is from stress. STRESS? I ask. I'M NOT STRESSED. haha Not surprising. Anyway, schedule that. Call Virginia ENT and make an appointment with a doc there for a second opinion regarding Dean's apnea issues/possibility of surgery for tonsils & adenoids.

After Betsy is done with Dean, we chat for a half-hour more about the referral process for Dean for school and brainstorm various options.

In between all this, multiple loads of laundry have been run.

Feed Dean and Emmett a snack. Load them in the car to pick up Cole at school.

Go to Cole's school, get D & E out of the car, pick up Cole, get back in the car and go home.

Feed everyone lunch. Do dishes, clean up kitchen, which is now a disaster. :) Get some food in my own mouth.

Answer emails while we wait for my friend Jill and her kiddos to come over. Read books with the boys.

Playdate! Thank goodness. Everyone has a great time despite Cole being a crankyhead. :) We have fun! While they are here, I fold 4 loads of laundry and talk with Dr. Miller (Jill gets that when Dr. Miller calls, you answer!) about Dean's apnea/other health issues.

Bob comes home early because he went in early, Jill and her kids leave. We take a family walk in the neighborhood. Come home, Bob cooks dinner while the boys watch a little TV (well, not Emmett, but he loves to play on his own! It's very cute). While they watch TV, I answer more emails and pack for our trip up to northern VA this weekend. Print up lab order form for Dean to get bloodwork done hopefully tomorrow.

Eat dinner together, Bob gives boys a bath while I pack more, get boys ready for bed, put boys to bed.

Sit the heck down.

I feel like I missed something.

I'm tired. Bob is helping me pack while I blog and has cleaned the kitchen (yes, again). Thank goodness I didn't have WORK today. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never met you but I find you very inspiring. Your boys are all very lucky to have a mother who devotes so much of herself to them. Reading your blog makes me want to be a better mother to my own two little guys. Thanks!

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Thank you for stopping by to read and leave a comment!! I really appreciate it.