Sunday, September 11, 2011

He's on the Move!

In the past few days, Emmett has figured out crawling! It's so cute, and funny that it's about a week off from how old Cole was when he started. E's not going very far just yet, but he sure is proud of himself. I've taken multiple videos in the past day and of course he'll never do it while I'm rolling. At least my children are consistent about making me into a liar. :)

The funny thing about being mobile is watching him get into places like this:



At least he's still smiling. :)

And so even though he doesn't really go anywhere at all in this video, you get more of an idea about his sweet demeanor:


Watching your last kid start to become mobile is a bittersweet thing. He's moving (literally) out of the baby stage faster than I can imagine and each blink gets him closer and closer to being a big boy! I know, I know, he's only 7 months old, but it's all just going too quickly. Can you tell this kid to slow down?

Also, I have to say that again, it is like watching a miracle to see Emmett's development unfold. I forgot since our trip to Prader-Willi Land that most children don't need explicit instruction or directed practice to pick up these skills. Emmett's brain and muscles are doing the work they need to do to get him to crawl. There will be plenty of skills in life that we'll have to teach him, but this isn't one of them. Feels like such a relief! My sweet boy.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Ali, What is with the clothes?

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Do you mean the lack of clothes? Kid hates pants. Well he hates clothes. Screams his brains out every time we dress/undress him, so we minimize the number of changes for now. :)

Kevin said...

Having read this sweet blog since the advent of EJ, I noticed that, contrary to history, he was wearing some clothing other than on his head.

Ali Foley Shenk said...

hahahaha