Tuesday, September 13, 2011

More Emmett on the Loose

You'd think I'd never done this baby thing before.

I completely forgot that as soon as you have a mobile baby, nothing on the floor is sacred! Emmett is into everything, and frankly, I love it. He's so curious, driven, and independent and it's fun to watch him do his thing.

Fortunately, he's not gotten into anything dangerous yet, just unloaded the contents of the diaper bag for a snack:


And somehow wedged between the coffee table and the couch in the family room:


Love the caught-red-handed shots. Silly Emmetty.

And finally, a crawling video! Enjoy.

4 comments:

Matt said...

In the video, I immediately saw that Emmett was headed for the laptop and I thought, "If he's anything like Nathan, Ali will pull it back further and he'll throw a fit." Well, it wasn't a true *fit*, but around ~30-35 seconds after you pull it back some, Emmett laid his head down and had a small cry of some kind before moving on. I thought, "Yup, that's what Nathan does when we pull the laptop away too!" :)

And I love his big smile at the end of the video when reaches the computer and you affirm him... so cute! :)

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Matt, lol, I feel so mean taking it away, especially when he puts his head down and gets discouraged. Emmett certainly knows how to throw a fit, but he was merciful on me this time.

Trisha said...

Oh man is he cute. I love his little "I made it" smile.

Barbara said...

What a cutie pie!!!! Go Emmett!!!