Monday, October 17, 2011

All I Needed in a Birthday

My standards for birthdays have gotten considerably lower over the years. I don't mind celebrating, and actually would be upset if there were no celebration, but simplicity is king. Yesterday was all I really needed!

I woke up to a birthday spread of cards, balloons, cake, and other fun things I like from Bob and the boys. Bob offered to make me breakfast and I actually declined (I know, I know) because it was going to involve chocolate and I knew I was going to eat more than enough chocolate later in the day. haha

I relaxed on the couch for a bit (mind you, this is at 6 am - the boys get up earrrrrly) and was greeted by Cole Batman. He came into the family room saying, "Look who showed up for your BIRTHday!!" I busted out laughing.

After getting our act together, we went for a walk in the neighborhood. It was certainly fall out! 46 degrees!

Family time with the 5 of us is rare, so this was wonderful.

We then went to church, came back, did the lunch thing, boys did the nap thing. I enjoyed talking throughout the day with everyone on the phone and getting a chance to (gasp) READ!

For dinner, Bob made one of my favorites, chicken parmigiana:

And we had a lovely pumpkin beer (I like pumpkin anything, pretty much):

And then had a very tasty cake, which I have no picture of. Oh well. But it was tasty. And chocolatey (see, I had chocolate :)). And Bob in his brilliance decorated it with candy corns, which although they are straight sugar, are surely from heaven. Love.

The night ended calmly spending more time together as a family and going to bed. 30. Done and done!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Batman is adorable!