Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall, Fall, Fall

I love autumn. I have to say that autumn in Virginia is not quite the same as it is in New England, but I'll still take it. :) Today we finally carved a pumpkin, and by we, I mean that I bought the pumpkin knife and Bob and Cole did the carving (Dean was entirely uninterested and Emmett just wanted to eat the newspaper they were carving on). Cole was very pleased with the finished product, as it passed the "scary enough" test for him:

At which point it was placed out on the front step for all to see:

We lit a candle in it just for a bit so Cole was satisfied, then blew it out lest we forgot about it and burned down the house overnight. You know, the house with the oxygen tank inside. Not good. :)

With the cooler weather, it's been easier to be outside with the boys. We're really finally enjoying the benefits of a driveway and a yard to play in. Our neighbor Mareena loves to come out and play with the boys, too.







Dean really like the tee ball. He was so precise and careful about making sure to hit just the ball and not the tee. Haha Very cute.

It has been so enjoyable to be out and take part in Fall. With everything going on, it's been nice just to play and do simple things. Well, Bob did a lot of mowing, raking, and the like, but he got to play, too. :)

I feel compelled to write more, but I don't want to ruin the moment of just taking pleasure in the Fall. So I'll leave it at that.

1 comment:

Candice said...

I love seeing D getting around so well!!