Thursday, October 6, 2011

I Think I Can

I just came out of Dean's room trying to get a nasal cannula on him. Moderately successful. I was able to get it near his nose and taped on one cheek. I cannot get it completely over his head (how do you do that when someone's head is ON the mattress? I tried lifting it up and Dean woke up and ripped the cannula off). And this was after waiting for an hour per the pulmonology nurse's recommendation. In theory, Dean should have been in deep sleep. Apparently not deep enough. :)

We will figure this out. We will figure it out like we figured out how to deal with the feeding tube and go everywhere with it. I am determined not to let this "ruin" anything. It's just oxygen. It's just sleep (JUST sleep???). You can tell I'm not entirely convinced. But to buy into this, I need to look at it from the perspective of making it work than just lamenting that it shouldn't exist in the first place (because it shouldn't).

I tell Cole all the time, who unfortunately has a strong "I can't do it" mantra running through his sweet little head, that you have to believe in yourself if you're going to be able to pull it off. I do think this is the case. And I do think it's a survival mechanism as well.

That is all.

No comments: