Monday, October 31, 2011

Sad Halloween Superheroes

I don't make a whole lot out of Halloween, but I do get a kick out of seeing the kids in their costumes. Our neighbors invited us over for dinner and then we were going to go trick-or-treating.

Cole drew a couple of ghosts to get into the spirit of things (get it? the spirit of things?). The kid does not like to draw, but he was quite proud of these:

As the day went on, the troops degenerated. We've been trying to skip the afternoon nap for Cole and Dean because they fight it like crazy and then won't go to bed until late if they do nap. Today, this strategy backfired. By 4:00, they were all out of their minds. Dean was throwing tantrums, Cole was acting out, and Emmett just plain *wouldn't* nap and was exhausted. At one point, they were all crying and I called Bob and told him I was done being mommy for the day. lol

And then, right after Bob came home, they all fell asleep. Silence. This was about 20 minutes before we were supposed to go trick-or-treating. We'd missed dinner at our neighbors', and I was wondering how we were going to get our act together and get Batman, Superman, and Robin out the door. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:








hahahahahaha. Oh, such sad superheroes.

Alas, we went out for a little bit and I think they were happy in the end. Better luck next year. :)

4 comments:

Kevin said...

delegable |-gəbəl| adjective

from the apple dictionary that is on your machine.

Diana P said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at these pictures! Sorry it was so rough for you, Ali, in the afternoon. But the sad superhero pictures are pretty funny :). Isn't it always funny the timing of bad days for kiddos. Hope they are happy tomorrow!

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Dictionary, shmictionary. lol

Diana, you absolutely should laugh. I've looked at them and laughed multiple times myself already. :)

Dora said...

I've been lurking around your site for a couple weeks now and couldn't help but comment today. I've always found Robin to be a bit of whiner (in the comics/cartoons) so your little one looked to be perfectly in character.

Thanks for sharing your Halloween pics!