Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

I took a little blogcation. We went up to my parents' house for a few days and all went to my cousin's house for Thanksgiving Day. What a great time. I love being with family.

Emmett doing his little nose wrinkle that I love

The Shenk boys lingering at the table after their cousins were finished

The grown-up table :)

As usual, Bob helped out so much with feeding the boys, which he does for the most part whenever he's home. He knows how much it stresses me out to try to feed everyone and get any food in my own body. I'm so thankful that I have a partner who truly is an equal in this crazy parenting journey.

We're all finally on the mend after being sick. Cole had an ear infection, Dean had a sinus infection with some wheezing thrown in for bonus, and Emmett and I just generally got nailed. We've been in the pediatrician's office too much already and it's only the beginning of cold season!

During the illness, Dean was needing oxygen again at night, which was somewhat distressing to me. I was really hoping we were not going backwards. However, as he's gotten better, Dean has again come back to not needing oxygen at night. Hoping this sticks. Since our (former) pulmonologist won't respond to any of my emails or calls, we're finding someone new here in Richmond. We have an appointment with him in a few weeks. I plan to discuss how Dean responds during illness, the sleep apnea, and the interplay that allergies (we think Dean might have them - the rest of us do!) might have with all this. I've heard great things about this doc, and so I am hopeful. Also thankful to have someone to go to here in town instead of having to travel back to Charlottesville.

This weeks also marks the transition from Early Intervention to school. Dean is starting his group this week and his teacher is coming for her home visit the day before. We're starting speech therapy as well and have a PT eval at Children's. Cole goes back to school, and Emmett... well, he'll be hanging with me as usual. :)

I thought about doing a post about all the things I'm thankful for for Thanksgiving, but I hope I've done a good job of letting you know what I'm thankful for the other 364 days a year. If not, I'm more concerned about that than about fitting in one post with a bunch of things!

No comments: