Monday, December 5, 2011

Do Everything

Some of you may have heard this newer song by Steven Curtis Chapman. I love it. It's about 1 Corinthians 10:31, which says, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

Lately, I've been feeling overwhelmed in this busy season, and really, just always with 3 little boys who are all over the place and dependent on me. We've been out of laundry for about 6 days because of a plumbing issue in the house (which is going to cost $500 to fix. Blah.) and we're going out of town for my brother's wedding (woot!)... so much going on. And sometimes all the little bits get to me. It's all good stuff, and I strive to be present in all of it.

This is not a new theme. I think any mom who is at home with crazy little children and/or has a child with special needs does many things that just seem so... small. Unnoticed. Unimportant. Except that nothing is insignificant. Our God of the universe speaks in whispers. To encourage us. And strengthen us. To train us for eternity.

No comments: