Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bob!!!

Bob turns 30 today! Yes, I'm older, but not by much. That's why the ABCDE acronym for our family truly works out chronologically. We. are. nerds.

We're having a low-key day, and Bob had to go back to work after our extended weekend in New Orleans. I made him a pumpkin pie and Cole presented him with a fantastically gruesome tantrum this morning. Nothing says Happy Birthday like throwing yourself on the floor, kicking and screaming, and pounding on the door to your room. Awwwwwww....

Emmett celebrated by crashing during dinner. It's called readjusting-to-real-life-after-a-great-trip.

As I reflected this past weekend on the joys of family and watching my bro and Natalie get married, I thought about how I not only came from a great family, but Bob and I have created a great family. We're all sorts of imperfect, but we love each other and we're here for each other. Bob treats me and the children with such love and respect and I'm happy to be in it all with him. Happy Birthday, honey!!

2 comments:

Terry Guinn said...

Life would be so boring if we were all perfect! Our imperfections are what bring us, and hold us, together... And there is nothing like a good tantrum to wake you up and get your day started off right. LOL Enjoy that perfectly imperfect life! Happy Birthday Bob!

Tracy said...

I never, in a million years, would have put together the ABCDE if you hadn't of pointed it out to me. Clever. And nerdy. And perfect.