Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Next Moment

‎"The next moment is as much beyond our grasp, and as much in God's care, as that a hundred years away. Care for the next minute is as foolish as care for a day in the next thousand years. In neither can we do anything, in both God is doing everything." - C.S. Lewis

As a mom, and especially as a mom to a child with special needs, sometimes the very next step is scarier to me than is the eventual "outcome" of my children because it's coming... like, now. I can trust that things might work out in the end, but how will I get there?

As a kid, I remember sometimes having trouble sleeping and I would get stuck even in my thoughts to the point of thinking about my thinking. I would wonder how I was ever going to get to sleep if I didn't know what to *do* to get there. It's ridiculous when I think about it now, especially since I know that I always did get to sleep. Being faithful in each step just naturally leads to the outcome that is needed.

I like this quote by C.S. Lewis because the "in both God is doing everything" IS the process through which we roll along and through these next moments in life. God breathes in them and in us and HE is certainly faithful to carry us through.

Lord, I don't know what my next step is, and I certainly don't know where this all will lead, but help me to follow Your faithfulness in each moment so that together we might weave the story of Your love and wisdom for the children You gave to us. Amen.

1 comment:

Katie said...

The more we rely on God, the more HE can do for us. We often try to take God's work away from HIM and try it our way. We most often fail and tend to get in HIS way. It's so wonderful when we let HIM have the say on things and situations. God bless you all and may you have a blessed Christmas and all the desires of your heart. Grandma Katie