Wednesday, December 21, 2011

You Know You Wanna Be Me

There's nothing like becoming a grown-up, and especially a mom, to make you realize what lame things can get you totally excited. Ok, they're not all lame, but nothing's going to scream "this is the awesomest thing in the world" to most.

-Dean figured out how to blow his nose the other day. This is huge, because Cole at 4 still has no clue (we've tried every trick/game we can think of) and colds tend to run through this family like no one's business.

-Target diapers basically all look the same size from the outside, which makes it quite confusing to know at a glance whose diaper you have. You'd think this would be a factor in me choosing to potty train Dean earlier, but nope, I'm not ready. And Target has bailed me out! They FINALLY started writing the sizes on the outside of the diaper so you know what you're dealing with! I can say I'm glad that my pants aren't similarly labeled, but on diapers, it's a lifesaver.

-Cole has started wanting to "read" print items around him. He's not reading yet, but he's *interested*, which up until now has been more of a chore than a game. Even if I tried to make it fun, he wasn't ready, so I stopped. I knew he would in his own time. I love helping him sound out words and get closer to reading! He also likes to do things I did like look through the newspaper or read the back of a cereal box during breakfast.

-Emmett is walking everywhere. This adds another complicated layer to supervising the boys in a public place, but it means that he's even more excited about seeking out his own activities and being an independent little guy. He's not weaned yet, but I am slowly able to drop feedings and he seems to like the little bits of cow's milk that we've given him.

What small victories make your life easier?

1 comment:

Kevin said...

"Target has bailed me out! They FINALLY started writing the sizes on the outside of the diaper so you know what you're dealing with! I can say I'm glad that my pants aren't similarly labeled, but on diapers, it's a lifesaver." My, my, the girl has a way with words!