Thursday, January 19, 2012

Teething Bites

I've never quite understood what other parents meant when they referred to "teething hell." I mean, Cole had a bit of a rough time with some teeth, and Dean did, too. But Emmett, oohhhhhh Emmett, is having a rough time. He has been screaming a ton and having a hard time with chewing, sleeping, and has pretty much been vacuum-sealed to me lately. He's likely following in the drool-filled steps footsteps of his older brothers, who got teeth in batches of 4 or 5 at a time. They went from gummy smiles to Fang the Wolf practically overnight. Poor little Emmett muffin.

Then today he just fell asleep on the floor in the family room. And I let him stay there. Because when you really need to sleep, it hardly matters where, as long as you're getting the rest. So I put a blanket on him (that my dad made years ago. Thanks, Papa).

2 comments:

Andrea said...

When S. was 2, she fell out of a bed in a hotel (long story) and was then terrified to sleep in a bed, even her toddler bed, so every night she would carry her pillow and her blanket into the hall outside her room and go to sleep. Eventually, Jim and I decided to just put her to bed in the hall. She was safe there and got a good night's sleep. :)Like you said, wherever they will sleep . . . I'm sorry Emmett is having such a hard time with teething. I hope it passes soon!

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Andrea, that's cute and sad all at the same time. :) But no harm, no foul! Poor munchkins.