Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Little Sealer Goes a Long Way

Haven't done a house update in awhile. One thing that's been bothering me is our hallway bath. We updated the mirror and light fixture in there, but hadn't really tackled the floor and vanity. I wish I had before and after pictures of the light and mirror, but no dice.

Here's the floor before:
Wide shot:

And what I like to refer to as the "crack house" shot. This is when Dean pulled the TP holder right out of the wall:

Our floor in the hall bath is tiny ceramic tile, which I've been assured is really "in" right now. Umm, not looking like this it isn't. We had The Grout Guys (Google 'em) come in and tell us that the "grout" isn't really grout at all, it's cement. So you can't really whiten it because it was never white to begin with. Okey dokey, smokey... when we decided to get new windows instead of doing anything to the bathroom (more on that in the weeks to come), I decided to try my hand at using white grout sealer. The difference was amazing.

I'm sorry, did I say amazing? I think I meant tedious....

But you can see the difference up close...

And then the "after" wide shot...

The results can't completely be seen in these pictures, but it sure is purty in person. The floor reflects so much light now and it makes me happy. No telling how long the results will last, but we like it.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

wow! That does look so much better. Who knew? And it saved a ton of time and effort.

Jack said...

I'm impressed Ali! Can't wait to see it. (well, in truth, I can wait). Look forward to seeing it :)