Monday, February 20, 2012

Snow!!!

I've been missing the snow quite a bit since moving to Richmond. We had a thundersnow about a week ago, where a quick flurry came in accompanied by thunder and lightning. I know, it was odd. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

But last night's snow was legit. It started off looking pretty weak, but made for a beautiful finish. We lost power overnight only for a few hours, and they woke up nice and early for a change as usual. The Shenk 3 decided to test out the white stuff.












Ok, so Emmett wasn't really convinced. He wouldn't wear gloves, so his hands were freezing cold, and he was thoroughly put off by having to walk around in boots. He'll get used to it. :) Dean, on the other hand, did great handling all the terrain changes while walking around, and I realized that it was his first time ever in boots! Cole acted like he was born in the snow. Well, he is a Bostonian by birth, so he kind of was. :)

I was giddy. Seriously, playing in the snow was one of my favorite things growing up. We'd stay outside practically all day, forgoing food, rest, warmth, and dryness. But it was so worth it. We didn't get a chance to try sledding today (Bob was at work and I had no clue how I was going to manage all 3 on sleds while Emmett needed to be held the whole time), but that's for another time. For now, it was exciting just to see them have a blast in the snow.

No comments: