Thursday, March 15, 2012

7 Things You Don't Know About a Special Needs Parent

A great article from a special needs momma who has a knack for putting into words the things we too often feel/think/experience - check it out HERE. I find numbers 1, 4, and 7 to be the ones I relate to most.

At first of this article, I felt that I both related and didn't relate to her because I have (as of now - life is uncertain, and none of us knows what is around the corner) two typical kids and one kid with special needs. I live a lot of my life in the "typical world." But the challenges of PWS, or just special needs in general, mean that I could have 20 typical kids and still one with special needs and all of these things would still apply. It's just so... different. Hope the article gives a little more of a window into what I'm talking about.

No comments: