Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Emmetty Time

I don't write much about Emmett on here, because this is a blog mostly about having a child with PWS, and also because E is still so little and doesn't have a ton going on. :)

As I've mentioned before, he is just such a little love. People often say, "He's always smiling," and really, unless he's hungry, it's pretty much true. Emmett has not taken much interest in baby toys because, well, he thinks he's one of the older boys.

Sometimes I think about how we had 3 kids so quickly and I feel badly about that. Not because I don't want any or all of them, but just because I can't give them all the attention I would love to. I wish I could be in 3 places at a time, pretty much always.

I realized recently that he's just getting so big, so quickly, and I feel like I'm missing it. I'm usually getting something for Dean, because he needs one-on-one help so much, or for Cole, because he's verbally more demanding. Emmett is hungry a lot, so I'm getting him food or have him on my hip as I'm doing something else. So my goal is to slow down a bit and have more quality Emmetty time. How can you not want more of this?




No comments: