Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now

... through our new windows!!! Our windows are in. I'm so excited!! Our old windows were original to the home and were in bad shape. Frames were chipping, they had lead paint, they couldn't be opened (there were gaps between the glass and screen big enough for killer bugs from outer space to get in), were dirty (picture 40 years of bugs and dirt ground into the sills - BLECH), cold air poured through them, and they were impossible to clean. Other than those things, we loved them. Haha. So heave ho, time to go! (Yes, I actually just wrote that.)

We went through Home Depot, and I have to say that they were GREAT. The whole process was so smooth and the installers did a GREAT job. They even did a few extras, like wrapping our front and side doors in vinyl and installing a new doorbell in the front (which was broken) for free!! I would absolutely recommend them. (And if you are interested in using them for a home project, let me know, because although this is not why I'm recommending them, we can get a referral fee!).

So here's a before and after picture of the house with the windows.
Before:

And after! (Ok, the b&a doesn't look horribly impressive on here, but I swear there's a huge difference in person!)

And some close-ups:
(The front door is going to get a new storm door soon)



They're so pretty! I can't stop looking at them. Which I think makes me old that I'm this excited about windows.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Probably good that you are doing this now. Laura and I are just starting to update some things, 14 years after buying the house. (of course, I always thought that I'd be moving back to Indiana, or forward to Michigan)

Kevin said...

Is anyone else having problems proving that they are not a robot now?

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Uh oh, that's not good. Let me go in and change the settings and see if that helps.

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Ok, never mind, I went and changed the settings and within about an hour, someone spammed a long message in Greek on my blog. :/