Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Working

As some of you know, in addition to staying home with the kids, I'm a freelance editor. No, this is not what I went to school with, but I love it. I can work from home and enjoy what I do. I don't need anything except an internet connection and a computer. I can work technically whenever I want (obviously this is not really true when kids are involved :)) as long as I meet deadlines.

Recently, things have started to take off a little more with work, and I find it so fulfilling. I love, love, love staying home with the boys and I am thankful that we are able to make it work for me to do so. Right now, I don't think I'd want to work outside the home, and with everything that Dean in particular needs, I don't know if I could.

I love having something else to do, to be able to activate other areas of my brain other than knowing that "Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum" is track 27 of CD number 1 in the minivan. I love being wanted for my professional (or at least adult!) opinion. It breaks up my days and nights. It gives me some breaks so that I can come back a better mom to my three boys. In some ways, it's like a fulfilling hobby that just happens to (thank God) make money. It scratches a big itch for me.

Anyway, I write all this because Bob and I have stopped and contemplated and prayed about our working situations many times over. The way things are right now, I'm happy with how they're working out (no pun intended).

Here's your daily reminder to vote for the PWS video - we're gaining on 1st! VOTE

No comments: