Monday, June 25, 2012

Listening



I try so hard to do this with our kids. If they know they can't trust us with the little things, they won't even attempt the big things. Cole has LOTS of little things to share, and it's hard sometimes to take it all in because it's constant. Emmett is trying to tell me with his little one-word statements about what he wants, sees, and loves.

With Dean, it's a little trickier. It's hard to know what are the little and big things with him. He just approaches life a little differently than the other boys do. I wish Dean could tell me all the things that go on in his head. I wish he would talk my ear off. Yes, I really am saying that and really mean it... I've had both and talking nonstop pales in comparison to not talking (much).

Even so, they all tell me many things in their own cute little way. Here's to listening....

2 comments:

Kevin said...

The graphic probably looked better on fcbk, but I knew what it said anyways. This is so true. Almost makes you want to volunteer for class trips and pickups for late sports. Kid download time is when they get home or before, not when you get around to it.

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Ugh, stupid internet. The image looked fine when I was looking at it, but I don't know what happened. I fixed it.

And you're right, GUnK! It sure isn't when I'm ready for it, it's when they are.