Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!

Bob had to work today (the hospital obviously never closes, and so we save time off for the holidays we are more concerned about), but I decided to bring the boys over to our neighborhood's 4th of July events. It began with a parade:



We watched from someone's house and the boys were transfixed (Dean with the parade, Cole and Emmett with the popsicles :)):



We got the chance to meet even more neighbors, including a few more with young kids (woot!). Then we went down to the pool, which has been our home away from home lately. There were a variety of relays, goofy activities (greased watermelon race, bellyflop contest), and the place was hopping. Oh, and I heard Snoop Dogg's "Gin and Juice" for the first time in maybe 15 years. Haha.

By the time this was all done, the boys (and I) were whooped, and so we had a more low-key day. We skipped fireworks in favor of having well-rested little men. They would surely have done well tonight, but we'd pay for it tomorrow. We'll wait until they're a little older. :)

Happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

Ashley & Timothy said...

I'm with you on skipping the fireworks for a well-rested kid! We did the same thing. :)

Candice said...

I love the pic of Emmett with the RW&B popsicle. Happy 4th of July!!

Diana P said...

Ali, I'm so glad you get out and do so much by yourself with the 3 boys. I'm sure you'd go nuts otherwise but I'm still impressed. Hurray for having fun and then letting the little guys rest. Looks like everyone was happy :)

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Thanks, Diana! A lot of people say the same thing, but like you said, I would go nuts otherwise. lol It's so fun to do different things with them!