Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rug Switcharoo

Haven't done a house update in a while - really, we haven't done all that much in a little while. Bob laughs at me because I get crazed about doing another project and can't get it out of my head. But particularly because I live at home AND work at home, how the space feels is really important. So he agreed when we decided to do a simple rug switcharoo in the family room. The rug we had before was a nice rug and worked fine, but I could see in my head another rug that would ground the room even more and reflect more of the colors in the room. I found this on Overstock: http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Hand-tufted-Brown-Floral-Rug-8-x-11/5509853/product.html

Buying online is admittedly a risk. I usually like to go with items that have extensive reviews so I can get an idea of the true colors, quality, comfort, etc. But I just had a gut feeling about this one (even with only one review), and went for it. So far, I haven't been disappointed with anything we have gotten from Overstock... we even got Bob's wedding ring on there!

Here's the before and after with the rugs. You get an idea of the "before" in these pictures:



And here's the "after"!
(Yes, there was an odd plastic spoon incident)


We love the end result? Any small switches you've made in your home or work environment that have had a big impact on how the space feels?

1 comment:

scuba diving gear packages said...

I am so glad that I came across this post.
Thank you so much for sharing.