Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Things That Make My Week

This would be high on the list! This is an email from Dean's teacher at his typical preschool:

Hey Ali -

Dean seemed to have a really good day today. His favorite was the playdough, though he spent some time with the books. Since we have a small class, I moved two chairs out so that he has more room to walk around and less chance of bumping into the tables or tripping over the chairs. It opened the space up just enoough to really make a difference. He loved being in the gym, and while the [pool] noodles didn't thrill him, he enjoyed throwing the balls and just running around. The table idea proved to be just what he needed [me interjecting: on Monday, there were some issues with Dean dropping his snack and then not having anything to eat because it was dirty!] - he finished all his snack with nothing on the floor. I have a funny picture of him during snack - he is either really tired and falling asleep or in complete heaven with the food! He also loved being on the slide when we went on the playground - I yelled 'Whoosh!" and swung my arm up when he slid down and he started doing it, too! Even the other kids wanted me to do it with them...cute!

Just wanted to give you a little feedback - I know it's hard when you're not sure what he's doing, but I wanted you to know he is really part of the class, not just sitting on the sidelines.

Have a great week!

Dean is adjusting really well to school. Cole is adjusting really well to school. The one who is struggling to keep up is me! Emmett asks every day: "Nean?"

"Dean is at school."

"Dole?"

"Cole is at school, too."

And then we move on. But he always asks. So proud of my boys for settling into their new environments and jumping in headfirst. :)

4 comments:

Candice said...

That is wonderful! I love feedback. It makes it so much easier to be away from them when you still feel involved!!

Gina B said...

That made me a little teary-eyed. Go Dean!

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Thanks, Gina! Me too. :)

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Candice,
I agree! It's so weird dropping off two kiddos for the majority of the day and not knowing what is going on. Thankful for teachers who are willing to communicate.