Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We Didn't Run Away Either

I've mentioned before about Amy Julia Becker's amazing book,A Good and Perfect Gift. It has been one of two books that I've actually *finished* reading since having kids (ok, maybe there's been one more, but that's all I can remember).

Amy Julia wows us again with her article about her daughter Penny, who has Down syndrome, and the years ranging from fears at birth to the joys of now. This article is short, and worth it. I can relate to so much. We didn't run away from Dean either, and I'm so glad (and for the record, some parents of children with PWS and Down syndrome *are* still encouraged to institutionalize their children, unbelievable as it may seem).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amy-julia-becker/we-didnt-run-away_b_1844641.html?ref=topbar

No comments: