Monday, October 22, 2012

How Starbucks Saved the Day

Ever have one of those mornings where you're just out of sync and takes you a little bit to get back in your groove? Today started out like that...

almost left Dean's tote bag at home,

almost missed getting Cole to the bus,

got to the post office and realized I didn't have my wallet,

went back home and got my wallet, went back to the post office,

The cutest little helper carried one of my packages into the post office (this is one of his new favorite jobs - and he's very faithful to his job!):

Then I dropped off Dean at school (that went well!),

Went to the music store to get my flute repaired, realized that said store did not open for over an hour,

Decided to kill time at Target, got the directions from my phone only to find out I was following the directions to a place called "Target One LLC" (thanks for nothing, Siri!),

Scrapped plans to go to Target and found a Walmart instead. Went to Walmart.

Finally made it to Starbucks (AAAAHHHHHHH - the heavens opened up) and got a

*****grande, nonfat, no-water chai latte*****

it's my drink yo!

And then sat down with my adorable little boy who was with me the whole time:


Be still, my heart. I drank in my latte, I drank in the time with my boy.

And my brain went back online. Ahhhhh....

The rest of the day went swimmingly, really. And just because he's crazy photogenic, here's a pic later in the day of Cole and his "skeleton" chalk drawing on the driveway.

I. Love. These. Kids. And it's much easier to be a parent when your brain is firing on all cylinders. :)

2 comments:

Gina B said...

Woah. Please tell me about your drink.

(and I'm glad your day got better!)

Ali Foley Shenk said...

Basically, it's chai concentrate (tea with some sugar) in nonfat steamed milk. It's soooooooo good. The "no-water" part is because they usually add a little water to the chai concentrate, but when you have nonfat milk, I think it's watery enough. Hence the "no-water" part. :)