Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dante and the Dolphins

Our friends the Johnsons have two sons, Dante and Denzel, and recently went on a family trip to Cuba. Dante, who is 8, has PWS, and Tanya (his mom), told a great story on Facebook today that she gave me permission to repost. I don't know about you, but I cried, too! Read below....



"I wish I could have seen this picture (a glimpse into Dante's future) when he was weeks old, it would have saved me months of crying.....
Go, Dante, GO! When we were in Cuba last week, we went swimming with the dolphins, and naturally, I was nervous when it was Dante's turn to ride between the dolphins (especially after they whipped Denzel around with ease). So we prepped him and told him to hold on tight. When he first grabbed their fins, he slipped and all I was thinking was "here comes a meltdown." Then suddenly, the dolphins stopped, backed up while he tried to regrip, and then patiently waited for him and took him in the same circle, but slower and slightly higher above the water than Denzel. The dolphins knew what he needed, it was incredible! Then after the ride, Dante said to me, "Mommy, the dolphins must love me, they waited for me." And naturally, I cried...."

No comments: